The objective of the National CR Sammelan is to nurture, promote and empower Community Radio movement in the country, so that the potential of the medium is fully tapped.
While achieving this primary objective, other specific objectives of the Sammelan are:
- To bring together all operating CR stations and GOPA holders at one place for sharing and discourse
- To create a face-to-face platform where the CR stations are able to share and showcase their efforts and achievements
- To discuss and deliberate on the challenges faced by the CR stations
- To facilitate dialogues between other ministries like MoICT, departments and community radio stations for policy changes.
- To create awareness and urge stakeholders like other ministries to use the potential of community radio
- To engage with other stakeholders like UN agencies and other international organisations for promotion of CR in the country