Community Radio for SDGs
The National Community Radio Sammelan 2019 aims to promote sharing of knowledge and good practices to nurture, promote and empower the Community Radio sector so that it realises its full potential in the country’s development journey.
The objectives of the Sammelan are:
- To bring together key stakeholders at one place for sharing and discourse
- To create a face-to-face platform where CR stations are able to showcase their efforts and achievements and deliberate on the challenges faced by CR stations
- To provide a platform to Government and other agencies to share their work and ideas for partnering with the CR sector
- To facilitate dialogue between CR stations and various ministries and government departments
- To engage with other stakeholders like UN agencies and other international organisations for promotion of CR in the country